Survival Plus | The biggest Survival Overhaul Plugin ever!
(A Proud Pixelated Plugin, Owned, Made, and Maintained with Love by the Pixelated Studios Limited Development team!)
- DeadSilenceIV for helping with fixing the purification system for 1.17.1
- Dartanman for helping fix the Firestriker exception!
- ShaneBee for handing over the project to VetheonGames and developing the modern idea of Survival Plus
- FattyMieo for the original concept and plugin
- VetheonGames for maintaining the plugin up to 1.19.2
- Daysling for helping with maintenance
- ExperimentalX for helping with maintenance
- Lapizote for helping with maintenance and the yet unreleased v5.0.0 update
SurvivalPlus adds new mechanics, items, and tools to enhance vanilla gameplay mechanics.
This plugin is great for Minecraft Survival servers looking to make their game more challenging and enhance the player experience.
- Enhanced to improve the Survival experience
- New custom tools (ex: Hatchet, hammer, sickle)
- New custom items (ex: purified water, medic kit, unlit campfire)
- New hydration system with tiered water bottle types
- Implemented with various status management
- Advanced hunger system with nutrient levels
- New custom recipes (Some recipes will override vanilla recipes, making the game a lot more unique and more challenging)
- Intuitive recipe discovery system (Players will discover recipes as they advance thru the game)
Here’s a small preview of some of the custom items you will see in SurvivalPlus. For a more detailed list check out our WIKI
– Hydration System:
Notable Changes Since Original Version:
- New recipe system including new recipe discovery system (Players will unlock recipes as they advance thru the game)
- New model system (This is more internal, but using CustomModelData tag we are able to create even more custom items without overriding vanilla items)
- New /giveitem command allowing admins to give items to themselves or players without having to craft them (Useful for things like vote crates or custom loot tables)
- New hydration system (Working on the old system, but adding 3 types of water bottles including dirty water, clean water, and purified water, along with new steps on how to clean water)
- New campfire system (Players will now craft an unlit campfire which they will have to manually light themselves by either hitting it with a stick a few times or using a flint and steel/firestriker.
- New harvesting crops method (Now you will need to use a sickle to harvest crops)
- Added a Recurved Crossbow (Very similar to a Recurved Bow)
- Plus tons more under the hood (Internal changes that won’t really affect players)
There’s a resource pack bound to SurvivalPlus. It’s automatically set up in your config, nothing you need to do.
If your server already has a custom resource pack, you can download the pack, add the items to your resource pack, and either add the link to your pack to our config or you can pop the link in your server.properties file (You will need to disable the resource pack in the SurvivalPlus config.yml)
You can manually download the resource pack from HERE if need be.
Survival Plus Guide (Essential Knowledge)
First of all, wooden tools and golden tools are removed.
So how can you survive without wooden tools?
Fear not, a new bunch of new items have been added within this plugin.
Understand the usage of tools
- Punching wood? Nope. You must use a Hatchet or an Axe for breaking any wooden blocks.
- Digging dirt with your bare hands? Nope. You must use a Shovel for breaking any dirt/sandy blocks.
- Breaking stone? You must use a Mattock or Pickaxe for breaking any hard blocks.
- Gathering fruits or vegetables? You must use a Sickle for harvesting crops.
- Cut strings or disarm TnT? You must use Shears for cutting.
- Placing artificial blocks? You must use a Hammer in your offhand for placing blocks.
Survive and thrive
First, find some trees. Gather some sticks by breaking the leaves.
- Leaves have a 25% chance to drop 1 stick, otherwise no drop.
Sticks are also obtainable from Saplings.
Next, find some gravel. Gather some flints by breaking them.
- Gravel has a 50% chance to drop 1 flint, otherwise no drop, by breaking with bare hands.
Gravel is usually found near lakes, rivers, extreme hills, caves, and cliffs.
Hmm, if you can’t find any gravel in your area, try the following method if it’s available:
Now you can make a Hatchet with these two items.
Break down some logs with your Hatchet, convert some logs into planks and sticks.
Now you can make a Mattock.
Next, find some stones. No, you can’t break dirt straight down to find stones yet, you will need a shovel.
Hence, find a cave, or a mountain. Gather stones, and if you’re lucky, get some coal too.
To make a workbench, you need the last tool, Hammer.
It is used to make workbenches and build artificial blocks. (See below)
Get a weapon
You can choose either using a Stone Sword or Shiv as your basic weapon.
Shiv adds poison effect on hit, but with less damage.
Harvest cows and sheep to obtain Leather and String (from Wool)
If you are thirsty, craft a Bowl to obtain water. Simply throw 1 Bowl into a water source, it will become a Water Bowl.
Drinking it will quench the thirst, but purified water is recommended when cauldrons are affordable.
Plan and craft
Then, you craft a Workbench like so:
With your workbench, you can upgrade your tools to stone tools.
With a shovel, digging Gravel is less risky to get flint.
We need to go deeper
Need to discover the underground? You’ll need Torches.
But you need to make a Firestriker for igniting.
Firestriker can also be used like flint and steel, cook some meat, smelt some simple items.
It has a durability of 8. Right-click on the ground to set it on fire.
To use the smelting option of a firestriker, right-click while sneaking.
- Put unsmelted/uncooked items in the smelting slot.
- Click on the result slot to smelt/cook one item.
- To exit, either click on the Firestriker or press Escape.
Any cookable Food
To make a Furnace, further works are required.
Start gathering some Clay by breaking clay blocks, or:
Turn clay balls into Brick with Firestriker, it’s an essential material for making furnaces.
Make your own Furnace in the workbench.
Now you can smelt ores with Furnace.
Settle down before sunset
Time to settle, make sure you bring the workbench with you, it’s important.
Make some Chests to store your items.
Build your house: This is where the hammer comes in handy. All artificially crafted blocks (eg. planks) can only be placed when with the use of a hammer.
Put a hammer on the off-hand, your blocks on the main hand, start building your house!
Each placed block has a 10% chance to reduce the hammer’s durability by 1.
For a more detailed look at Survival Plus check out our WIKI
Minecraft always feels too easy and it really takes no effort to survive in the game, so we wanted to make things a little more interesting/difficult.
Currently, we don’t have a lot of entity mechanics but more will come in the future.
This is a fun one, when a player opens a chest in the Nether, if it contains any gold items, nearby pigmen will be startled and target the player. They will also move a little bit faster.
We have an extensive Wiki page to fill you with all the knowledge of this plugin. It includes categorized details on all aspects of this plugin including:
- Advanced Tools
- Food & Farming
- And so much more!
Frequently Asked Questions:
When I remove the plugin, players can’t craft anything… how can I fix this?
- The plugin has a game rule setting “doLimitedCrafting” on by default. The plugin for some reason is not properly disabling it when the server shuts down.
Simply run in-game
/gamerule doLimitedCrafting falseand you will be good to go.
Can you make this plugin “per world”?
- Short answer is no, this isn’t possible due to the fact that the custom recipes are registered per server and not per world
How come sometimes I can’t craft certain items but I have all the ingredients?
- By default, the “doLimitedCrafting” game rule is on. Players will unlock recipes as they advance thru the game.
Players who are in creative mode, aren’t correctly obtaining the ingredients therefore the recipes won’t unlock.
Easy fix… the plugin is called “SurvivalPlus” not “CreativePlus” … play in survival mode.
You can also manually unlock recipes if need be with Minecraft’s built-in
- See our WIKI for steps on how to install this plugin.
- See our WIKI for all commands and permissions
- The config for this plugin is quite extensive, check out our WIKI for all the details on this config file.
- If you so choose, you can use placeholders in your own scoreboard rather than using Survival Plus’ scoreboard.
See out WIKI for a list of placeholders (Requires PlaceholderAPI)
- This plugin will ONLY work on 1.17+ Spigot/Paper (Craftbukkit NOT supported)
- Due to how custom items are built in this plugin and major changes in the BukkitAPI we will never offer support for any versions below 1.14
- Due to some additions in the Bukkit API recently that this plugin uses, 1.14 to 1.15.2 will not work, please upgrade your server to 1.17+ for continued support.
- If you are looking to use this on older Spigot server versions please check out the original SurvivalPlus plugin created by FattyMieo
- If you want to use the older 1.16.5 version of SurvivalPlus made by ShanebeeStudios please go here you may have to build the plugin yourself from the source there if a download is not available
- If you want the older 1.17.1 version, it can be downloaded here
This plugin uses the bStats metrics system. It helps plugin authors keep track of how well their plugins are doing. bStats sends very little data to their systems in a secure fashion, and we would greatly appreciate it if you would make sure to enable bStats on your server.
Find our API Javadocs HERE
– Please do not use reviews for support as we can not have a conversation back and forth. Before posting a negative review please reach out to us first to get proper support. If you find an issue we are going to need details so we can fix it, and the review section is just not the place for it.
There are no reviews yet.